Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hanging Out

It has been a while since I've put up a new post, but the days just seem to be over before I know it. And, at the end of the day, I am ready to go to sleep and, hopefully, get a full night of sleep. Ian has been waking up once, twice, and sometimes three times in the night; he has also been a drool-monster, so I think that teeth are in our very near future. Ian is changing every day, and it is such a joy to see his smiling face, hear him laugh, and listen to him "talk" to the world around him. Last week he started grabbing his feet when he is laying on his back, and this has made getting dressed and changing diapers more of a challenge. He is also turning his upper body to the side to reach things, and, once he starts using his legs, he'll be rolling all over the house. Ian is continuing to enjoy eating real food, and we haven't found anything that he doesn't like. So far, he has had sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas, green beans, rice cereal, bananas, applesauce, and pears. On Sunday, he will be 6 months old, and I can hardly believe how quickly the time has gone! We go to the doctor on Monday for a check-up and shots, so, if anyone wants to guess how much he weighs, leave your guess in the comments (he weighed 18 pounds 1 ounce at 4 months old).
He enjoys tummy time, but gets frustrated when he can't reach something. I just love his pouty look...I wonder if this will carry over into his teenage years?
This picture was taken seconds after the previous one. It just goes to show how quickly a baby's mood can change. :)
Just playing in his bed, and truly enjoying touching his toes. I thought that since his thighs were so big around that they would impede him from grabbing his feet. I was wrong, but it will be a while before they make it to his mouth.

2 comments:

Ronni said...

I'll guess 19 lbs, 8 oz.

I love all the new photos, he is such a cutie pie!

BTW - Brady has that same outfit that Ian is wearing in the last picture (blue stripes with a frog on it) :)

Megs said...

I say he will be 20 lbs 14 oz. :) Or better yet 21 lbs 3 oz. :)

Like the new pictures...he is such a handsome boy!

Natalie and I miss him!

xoxoxo