Sunday, April 4, 2010

Party...Sort Of

Since I was working on the weekend of Ian's birthday, we were going to celebrate it the following weekend. BUT, the stomach bug came to visit our house, and Ian was up for 3 hours early Saturday morning throwing up. So, I decided to post-pone the party until Sunday. Late Sunday morning I started feeling sick, but I had stayed up Saturday night decorating Ian's cake and I wanted him to be able to enjoy the cake while it was still fresh. My parents came over after Ian and I both had naps, and we let him open his presents and do his cake. Ian's birthday celebration didn't exactly turn out how I had envisioned, but such is life. I did manage to snap a few pictures before I went back to bed...thank goodness my parents were able to come entertain Ian while I had a sick day!

Discovering his gifts.
Traffic jam with the wagon and tricycle.

Trains are something that Ian is very interested in now, so I thought a train cake would be fun for him!
We had to sing a speedy rendition of "Happy Birthday" because he kept blowing out the candle.
Enjoying some cake.

1 comment:

Jessamy said...

Wow! You are Super Mom! Ian's train bday cake is sooo cute! Thanks for the shout out, but why didn't you take a pic of the sidewalk chalk?! LOL!