Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday

I am about 2 weeks late on posting birthday pictures, but we have been sick around our house and only the essential things have gotten done. I had an ear and sinus infection last week, and Ian is currently on antibiotics for a near-double-ear infection thanks to drainage that started on his birthday. That's right, Ian woke up as a one year old not feeling well. He didn't want anything to do with his cake, but he did enjoy opening presents. We had a small party at our house, and it was nice to get together with friends and family for such a happy occasion. For his 1 year check-up, Ian weighed 22 lbs 6 oz (90th percentile) and was 29.5 inches long (50th percentile). Despite his runny nose (which the doctor figured was allergies), he got a clean bill of health, and it is still hard for me to believe that he is a year old already. Ian has grown and changed so much in the last 12 months, and has taught me more about myself than I ever could have imagined. He brings joy to my life every day, and I am incredibly blessed to have him in my life. Happy birthday little man!

Playing in the box from his swing set. Isn't the best gift ever the box that the toy comes in?

Bound and determined to figure out how a shovel works.

Birthday boy.
My version of a Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday cake.


Triston and Colt sizing each other up.

Enjoying a birthday lunch of cantaloupe, turkey, bread, and cheese.

Triston and Ian. Future best friends and partners in crime.

A rare smile caught on camera.
Enjoying a birthday balloon. He is still playing with this balloon today!
Opening gifts. He loved ripping the paper off the presents.

Trying out his new swing set (and loving it!!).

Playing with a new toy with Aunt Nelli, while Triston is investigating a different toy.

This pretty much sums up the whole birthday cake experience. Since he wouldn't even try cake on his birthday, I offered him some the next day when it was just the 2 of us. He tried it, but he just wasn't feeling good and wanted to make sure that I knew how he was feeling. :(

A surprise birthday gift came yesterday from our dear friends Javier and Joni who live in Lubbock. Ian loved these foam blocks, and especially liked dumping them out and then putting them back into the container.

2 comments:

Ronni said...

I can't believe Ian is already 1. It seems like just yesterday that we had Brady's baby shower and Ian was a itty-bitty newborn. Now Ian is 1 and Brady is 10 months - where does the time fly??

The birthday pics are so cute - thanks for sharing :)

Jessamy said...

I am so glad that I was able to be there for Ian's 1st birthday! I had so much fun with you. Have a great weekend!

P.S. Tell Lila 'hi' for me too! :)